For this pattern, you will learn to crochet these stitches and use these techniques: crocheting in the round, joining a chain together, making a thumb hole, working in third loop of a half double crochet, front post double crochet (fpdc), front post double crochet 2 together (fpdc2tog – a decrease), single crochet (sc), half double crochet (hdc), but don’t worry, there are tutorials for them all!
Take me to the freebies!
I want to learn new stitches!
- Yarn: Lion Brand, Heartland – Tweed, Glacier Bay (or your color of choice), they have so many great colors here: Heartland Yarns
- Hook Size: 6 mm J hook, or equivalent to achieve gauge. (Here is a link to a conversion chart if your needles are lettered or numbered: Hook Conversion Chart.)
- Yarn (Darning) Needle for tails – or you can use your hook to weave in tails.
- Stitch markers (at least 2)
- Gauge: 13 sts and 12 rows = 4” x 4” or 10 x 10 cm.
Directions for gauge: Using 6 mm hook, ch14, + 1, hdc in both loops in 2nd ch from hook, and in each ch to end. ch 1, turn.repeat to create 12 rows total.
I hope you enjoy this pattern, please share photos of your creation!
Thanks for visiting my page ❤.
~Inspire, Learn, Create