The pattern is worked in the round, using a few basic stitches.
Techniques you can learn working this pattern:
- chain stitch (ch)
- slip stitch (sl st)
- single crochet (sc)
- spike stitch (sp st), also known as long single crochet
- front post double crochet 3 together (fpdc3tog)
- Working in both loops (BL) and front loops (FL)
- Working in back loops only (BLO).
- You will also learn to increase (two stitches in the same stitch is one increase)
- Magic Circle
I ordered some Scheepjes Stone Washed a few months ago, and was dying to do something fun and creative with it. These motifs are soft, and have a “stone-washed”, summery look to them, it seemed perfect for this project.
These mandala’s can be worked together to create a pillow, or headband, or even a blanket if you’re feeling brave!
I hope you enjoy learning new techniques with this pattern. If you get stuck, please contact me or comment, I am happy to answer any questions.
~Inspire, Learn, Create