A few years ago I hosted a crochet along for a Fair Isle Crochet Beanie. I am updating the pages to get better organized. The crochet along (CAL) was released in parts.
The idea behind this is to work at a nice pace while you learn the crochet technique of Fair Isle.
Here you will find all the posts relating to the crochet along.
- Schedule with links
- Getting ready
- Introduction to Fair Isle Crochet
- Materials Breakdown
- Achieving the Gauge Proper
- Yarn Details
- Yarn Subs
- Why the hook you choose for this project matters
- How to work the Knit (Waistcoat Stitch)
- Changing Colors using the Fair Isle technique
- Trouble Shooting
- Frogging and Fixing mistakes
- Creating the foundation single crochet row
- Row 2 & Row 3
- Tips on Floating the yarn
Working Rows 13 – 23
Continue working Rows 24 – 34
Continue working Rows 24 – 34 if you haven’t already finished them up!
Working rows 34 – 47
Working the Brim (video will be posted Wednesday)
Adding the Pom Pom
Thanks for stopping by and please let me know if you have any questions!